It's your paycheck. Union membership is now your choice. Do you know what your newly recognized Janus Rights are?
Public employees — state and municipal workers — in Rhode Island and across America had their free speech rights restored by the U.S. Supreme Court in the Janus v. AFSCME case in June 2018. Simply put, as a public servant, you now have the freedom to choose whether to join or contribute money from your paycheck to a union.
National public employee unions openly support indoctrinating students and staff, like you, with divisive Critical Race Theory principles.
But not every teacher, first-responder, clerk, or other public servant considers themselves to be Democrats or part of the “progressive-left” movement in Rhode Island. Yet every employee who is member of a government union in our state is paying dues that directly support this anti-American political agenda … along with the corrupt quid quo pro that comes with union political spending. Learn about where your union dues go now!
Have your employer and your union properly advised you of the choices you can now make? Did you know that union officials and many political leaders do NOT even want you to be informed of your rights ... never mind actually exercise them?
- Did you know that a significant portion of your union dues flow into state and national union coffers ... those funds used to support radical-left candidates and an extreme agenda that you may not agree with?
- Did you know that you can no longer lose your job, your benefits, or your seniority or otherwise be recriminated against if you choose not to pay your union?
- Did you know that you have the right to leave your union at anytime, even during your current collective bargaining contract?
- Do you know how to leave your union, if you so choose?
- Do you know how your union dues are spent?
- Do you know what your national union's political agenda is ... and do you agree?
- Did you know that other non-union organizations offer services you may need ... such as liability insurance and legal representation ... at a far lower cost?
It's your pay, therefore it should be your say. The purpose of the #MyPayMySayRI public awareness campaign is to inform public employees of your rights and options — so that you can make the best choice for you and your family.
If you'd like to learn about your full rights as a public employee, sign up here to receive regular email updates.
Share this page by clicking the buttons below:
If you'd like to know more about what the Janus Supreme Court case was all about, please watch the video below: